Friday 28. May, the Norwegian classes at Lillesand adult learning centre met at Hotell Norge in Lillesand and discussed racism based on the questions in the SAMM-method. The following questions were used:
- What is important to prevent racism from developing in one’s surroundings?
- What do I already do that helps prevent that racism develops?
- In what way is racism an obstacle for me?
- What can we focus on to stop racism?
- What can we specifically do to stop racism?
The 25 students present had good contributions and there were interesting discussions. Some of what was said that it is important to include each other, distance oneself from racism or interfere when racism occurs, contribute in society through voluntary organisations, and reach out to others and be nice and smile. The participants of the conference agreed that it was a useful and great day.